Thank You for a Great Summer Festival
We value your feedback! If you have comments, suggestions, etc. feel free to email our coordinator, or complete this short survey.
This event can happen with out support from
- Volunteers! Thank you to our board and neighbors who helped sell wristbands, run games, bring back the car show, set up the festival, and more!
- Sponsors! The groups listed below helped cover event costs so we can continue to hold this community event.
- Gold Sponsor:
- Silver Sponsor:
- Bronze Sponsors:
- Area Businesses! Thank you to all the area businesses that donated items to our auction or raffle, hosted a table or activity at our event. A couple of auction items are still available (see below)! Funds raised go towards event costs. Any additional monies we raise allow us to host other neighborhood events, like happy hours or having pizza at our annual meeting.
Finally, we can’t have a great event with out you! Thank you to all the neighbors who came down to enjoy the music, skate park activities, dancers, games, food, car show…you are why we do this!
Silent Auction Items
Select items are available for bidding (or to buy now) through our online auction site through Labor Day. Items include:
- 1-month gift certificate plus a uniform from Hwa Rang Do Martial Art Academy located at Nicollet and Diamond Lake. ($145 value) Opening Bid: $25 Buy it Now: $65
- 8×10 print by Karl Jaeger, featuring some of the most celebrated players in Minnestoa Twins history. Autographed by retired player and coach, Tony Oliva. Opening Bid: $15
- Certificate for a private studio portrait sitting and $200 portrait credit at Bjorn Portraiture ($500 Value) Opening Bid: $50 Buy it Now: $225
- $125 in services from Zerorez. Opening Bid: $25 Buy it Now: $50
- $100 Gift Certificate to Leonardo’s Basement. Opening Bid: $20 Buy it Now: $45
- Bowling party for up to 40 people at Park Tavern in St Louis Park. ($520 value) Opening Bid: $100 Buy it Now: $240
- Tangletown Crossfit Beginner Program = 12 classes + open gym (4 weeks) + jump rope ($115 value) Opening Bid: $25 Buy it Now: $50
- Gift Certificate for $250 from R. F. Moeller Jeweler. Opening Bid: $50 Buy it Now: $100
- Game Bag filled with toys, games and 4 classes to the Mathnasium ($200 value) Opening Bid: $40 Buy it Now: $90
Personal Safety Workshop
Saturday, September 23 • 10:00am-Noon
Armatage Rec Center
Sponsored by the Armatage Neighborhood Association, the Self Defense Bros. with present a personal safety workshop. Attendees can expect:
- An initial brief crime analysis of the Armatage neighborhood to see what areas are being affected by crime, why certain crimes are being committed
- Academic and practical assessments of situational awareness, or how to be aware of your surroundings and stay safe from crime.
- Q&A Session
- Hands-on self-defense moves and tactics to get out of dangerous situations; pepper spray (inert) & stun gun demonstrations.
- Q&A Session (if time permits)
This event is free and open to the public.
The Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board (MPRB) is seeking enthusiastic volunteer coaches for youth soccer, flag football and volleyball.
To receive more information or to express interest in MPRB volunteer opportunities or contact 612-230-6493 or email@example.com.
New interactive map tours make it easy to explore public art in Minneapolis
The Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board (MPRB) and City of Minneapolis recently debuted six interactive map tours that make it easy and fun to explore the approximately 300 publicly owned artworks in Minneapolis.
Save the Arts with Congressman Keith Ellison
Thursday, August 24th, 6pm-7:30pm
Wurtele Upper Garden (725 Vineland Place, Minneapolis MN)
In Case of Rain: Walker Art Center Garden Terrace Room
Please join me for an event on the importance of federal funding for the arts and humanities! Save the Arts is free and open to the public, and will take place on Thursday, August 24th from 6-7:30pm in the Wurtele Upper Garden (725 Vineland Place, Minneapolis MN).The event will be outdoors and limited seating will be reserved for elderly and disabled attendees. Please bring a blanket to recline on the grass! RSVP on Facebook.
Neighborhoods 2020 Update
NCR has worked with the NCEC to prepare a Draft Summary of Findings. Please note that this is a draft, and is subject to change. You can review the Draft Summary of Findings, Raw Data, and Open Ended Comments on the NCR Web Site.