Armatage Neighborhood Association
Monthly Meeting Minutes
Armatage Rec Center
Date: December 19, 2017
Called to order: 6:37 pm
Presided by: Denis Houle, President
Note taker: Joel Federer
In attendance: Board Members — Ryan Antkowiak, Tara Brown, Kelly Falsani, Joel Federer, Jim Hoch, Denis Houle, Bri Keeney, Michael Kootsikas, Laurel Luxenberg, Stephanie Vigen
Other — Nikki Lindberg, Coordinator; Nikki Friederich, Park Director; Rachel Ireland-Henry, Accountant; Cynthia Skrzy, Kenny resident
Kelly Falsani motioned to amend agenda and go around the table with introductions. Bri Keeney seconded. Motion carried.
Council update – No update this week
- Ice rink is being flooded. Anticipate opening the week of Dec 26th
- New programs are starting in January
President’s Report – Denis Houle
- Attended tree lighting ceremony
- Attended 2040 event Attended 2040 event to give community input on the vision of Minneapolis.
- Another event in January
- Neighborhood funding group is presenting a plan
- Request a micro-grant subcommittee that can assist in creating the wording and help to create the criteria. (people within the community can apply for small grants) See Fulton neighborhood
Secretary Update – November minutes approved online
Treasurer Report – Judy Vicere
- Current financial statements sent via email.
- Community Engagement – Bri Keeney and Nikki. Washburn Tot Lot next meeting is Dec 20th from 6-8 pm
- Issues were raised about safety. Project planner will respond to ANA on this topic
- Next Happy Hour is January 9th 7-9 pm at Red Wagon Pizza
- Green Team – Rain garden consultations should be done, property plans developed in January; install date should be decided in February
Coordinator Update – Nikki Lindberg
- Business facade grant for Penn Dental in process (grant will be for just over $3k)
- January newsletter – Michael volunteered to be our board member highlight; include info on use of salt on sidewalks, park info, Mobile Menders event, park events/activities
Coordinator Contract Renewal
- Contract to be renewed for another year with an $1.50/hr wage increase.
- Mobile Menders event, providing free sewing and mending services, to be held at Armatage Community Center Feb. 10 1- 4 pm.
- Visit https://mobilemenders.weebly.com/ for more information
- Neighborhood Forests – Armatage school is not interested. Still trying to confirm with Kenny school.
Meeting adjourned: 7:59 pm
Next regular meeting: January 16, 2018 • 6:30pm