A few items from last night’s meeting that may be of interest:
- We have seen yet another increase in airplane traffic, and with that comes an increase in noise complaints. Noise complaints are best sent directly to the airport commission online or you can call the hotline at 612-726-9411.
- The fall parks brochure is available online and registration begins July 29 at noon online. SWAFA youth football has expanded their flag football program to include grades 1 through 5 and you must register online. In-person registration will be available during our Summer Festival for ACC/KPAC fall sports: soccer and volleyball. Other in-person dates include Tuesdays, July 21 and 28 at Kenny Park and Thursdays, July 23 and 30 at Armatage Park.
- The Minneapolis Park and & Recreation Board (MPRB) is undergoing what may be the most comprehensive planning effort in its 130 year history. Minneapolis residents are encouraged to get involved and help the MPRB with three distinct, yet deeply intertwined projects: RecQuest, Service Area Master Plans, and Closing the Gap: Investing in our Neighborhood Parks. Learn more here.
Tuesday, July 28 at Lynnhurst Rec Center (1345 W Minnehaha Pkwy), the public is invited to a meeting focused on Armatage, Kenny, Lynnhurst and Windom South Parks.
To subscribe to receive emails from MPRB about one or more of the initiatives, visit www.minneapolisparks.org/subscribe, enter your email, then select the project(s) you are interested in under the “Planning” section.
Monday, August 10
at Armatage Park
- Food TRUCKS: including Red Wagon Pizza, Tommy Veez Fish & Chicken, Kona Ice and Sweet Dreams Candy
- NEW “MPLS Tap” for FREE water, so bring your water bottles (or buy one of ours for $2)
- Magic show and balloon animals
- Prize raffle (Raffle tickets $5/each or five for $20)
- NEW all-inclusive wristbands ($7/each): bounce house, giant slide, face painting, carnival games and special preschool options
- NEW carnival games including Plinko, football toss, putting green and Feed the Elephant.
- Live music by the Melvilles
- Skate park activities with
Please sign up to help at the Armatage Summer Festival 2015!
Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
- Click this link to go to our invitation page on VolunteerSpot: http://vols.pt/7vMtPM
- Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on VolunteerSpot)
- Sign up! Choose your spots – VolunteerSpot will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
(Consider signing up for an hour-long shift instead of just 30 minutes. Each volunteer will receive a free raffle ticket for each shift they work!)
Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.