March Meeting Highlights
- Neighbors expressed concerns about a new construction at 60th & Thomas highlighting the importance of communication in making this process good for everyone affected. The City has developed a Toolkit for Neighbors of New Construction to help people during these situation. The public hearing for the variance (to reduce the established front yard) will be on Thursday, April 7 at 4:30pm in Room 317 at City Hall. All residents within 350 ft of the property should be notified.
- Committee Updates
- Safety – our new chair, Lance, will be gather info and making contacts so that we can have regular safety updates, as well as robust quarterly safety meetings.
- Community Engagement – we are working on ways to better connect with area renters. We will also be hosting an organics recycling workshop in April.
- Summer Festival (Monday, August 8 from 6:00-8:30) – next planning meeting will be Wednesday, April 6 at 7:00pm (If interested in attending please let our coordinator know so you can be notified about meeting location.)
- We will look into scheduling a Clean Sweep weekend where we have the City support clean up efforts around the neighborhood, probably in September.
- NOTE: Our website was hacked (along with thousands of others) and the infection means some re-working of things. Please follow us on Facebook or contact our coordinator if you have questions or concerns while we work to get the site back up.
Spring Egg Hunt
Community Connections Conference – Big Ideas: Your Minneapolis – being held on Saturday, April 2nd from 8:00a.m. to 3:00p.m. at the Minneapolis Convention Center. The conference is FREE and lunch will be provided to all participants.
The conference theme – Big Ideas: Your Minneapolis – invites you to join neighbors, community members, non-profit organizations, business leaders, members of Minneapolis’ design community, developers and City and Elected Officials to think BIG about the future of Minneapolis.