In partnership with Metro Blooms, ten (10) Armatage home owners will have the opportunity to have a rain garden installed in their yard in 2018. Rain gardens are up to 200 sq. ft. in size.
Participants will be determined on a first come-first served basis. A wait list will be maintained. Interested? Email our coordinator with your house address to be added to our list. Details will be forwarded to residents as they become available.
How does the program work?
- $175 paid to Metro Blooms for site visit and storm water plan
- Attend a workshop on how to build a rain garden (see link below)
- Meet with Metro Blooms designer to determine rain garden site
- Pay for mulch and plants
- Plant rain garden
- Total cost to property owner: $400-$500
- Arranges for the Conservation Corps of Minnesota to help dig and prepare all rain garden sites
- Performs all site consultations, rain garden designs and oversight during installation
- Hosts plant pick-up and provides maintenance education
Armatage Neighborhood Association
- Communications and outreach to property owners
- Works with Metro Blooms throughout project and co-hosts plant pick-up
- Covers costs to Metro Blooms (including design fees, project management costs, etc.)
- Total cost to the ANA (for 10 rain gardens): $5,000-$6,000