Green Team Meetings & E-List
The Armatage Green Team typically meets on the second Thursday of the month at 7:00pm on Zoom.
Interested in joining the Green Team e-list to stay in the loop on volunteer opportunities, upcoming meetings, and environmental programs around the neighborhood? Email our Coordinator, Lauren, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Second Reading Circle
Join the Armatage Green Team for a monthly reading circle on All We Can Save – Truth, Courage, and Solutions for the Climate Crisis. The next circle is Thursday, March 4 at 7:00pm on Zoom to discuss Chapter 2: Advocate. Register at armatage.org/reading-circle/
Need a book? Times are tight and we can help: email email@example.com for a copy.
Past Green Team Events:
- Let’s Talk About Plastic series held in January 2021. The series offering free community screening of The Story of Plastic film, a post-screening community conversation, and a free workshop on The Problem with Plastic & Practical Solutions with speakers from the City of Minneapolis, Eureka Recycling and Tare Market. Click here for a recording of the workshop.
- Safe & distanced Neighborhood-Clean-ups held in partnership with Litter Be Gone. Teams of volunteers cover our parks, school grounds, and boulevards to gather recycling and trash for collection.
- In-person (pre-COVID) and virtual Organics Recycling workshops that covered examples, tips, tricks, and ideas for home set-ups to help make organics recycling a breeze.
- A multi-organizational Donation Drive (pictured above) where residents dropped off reusable items and the Green Team sorted and delivered them to twelve different local organizations. Held in April 2019, the event collected 117 boxes/bags of items!
- The first-ever Armatage Green Garden Tour where neighbors could stop and visit rain gardens, native gardens, backyard composting stations and more during the neighborhood garage sale.
Adopt-A-Drain: Help Protect Our Lakes, Creeks and the Mississippi River!
When it rains, stormwater carries grass clippings, leaves, cigarette butts, pesticides, fertilizers, antifreeze, paint, gasoline, motor oil, and animal waste directly into Minneapolis lakes, creeks and the Mississippi River. Armatage residents and businesses can help keep our waters clean by adopting storm drains in their neighborhood and committing to cleaning them regularly.
The Metro Area has launched a new version of the Adopt-A-Drain program for residents who want to help keep our waters clean and clear. This new program will make the adopting process easier and quicker. You will be able to adopt or un-adopt storm drains instantly and you will have the option to name your adopted storm drains. You will still find news and tips at the Minneapolis Adopt-A-Drain website, where you can will find a link to the new metro-wide program: https://adopt-a-drain.org/
You will need to sign up on the new website and by creating a user profile and password, you will be able to access the new self-service features. Email AdoptADrain@Minneapolismn.gov if you have issues or questions.