May Annual Meeting
Welcome to our new board members Tyler Mulcahey and Adriana Dobrzycka!
- Palmisano Presents 5/23
- Neighborhood Garage Sales 6/2
- Rain garden installations 7/30-8/1
- National Night Out 8/7
- Summer Festival 8/12
Palmisano Presents: A Conversation on the Draft Minneapolis 2040 Comprehensive Plan
May 23 @ 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm (time correction)
Southwest High School Auditorium
The draft Minneapolis 2040 Comprehensive Plan hasrecently been released (www.minneapolis2040.com) and Ward 13 residents have many questions about the impact of the proposed plan. Ward 13 Council Member Linea Palmisano will host a public conversation on May 23 with a short presentation and plenty of time for Q & A. Joining her in this important discussion will be City of Minneapolis Long Range Planning Director Heather Worthington.
2040 in Armatage
To see how Armatage may be affected by the changes proposed in the 2040 Comprehensive Plan and how you can comment on the plan, click here.
Neighborhood and Community Engagement Commission (NCEC)
Representatives of Minneapolis neighborhood and cultural communities sit on the NCEC and advise the Mayor and City Council on a wide range of community engagement issues. Armatage is in District 2, and our area is in need of someone to represent our district! Learn more about the NCEC and get an application online.
Kenny/Armatage Neighborhood Garage Sales
Our neighborhood garage sale is a great way to get a lot of bang for your buck! Clear out your clutter and make a little cash! Again this year, we will partner with our friends in the Kenny neighborhood to amp up the traffic to this event.
Your $10.00 registration fee includes:
- A general garage sale ad in the StarTribune newspaper, website, social media and Craigslist.
- Your sale location will be marked on the map of sales and a packet of maps delivered to your home the day before the sale. This map will also be available through Google Maps.
A check for $10.00 payable to the Armatage Neighborhood Association (or pay via PayPal) to: Armatage Neighborhood Association, 2500 W 57th St, Minneapolis, MN 55410 (or drop off at the park desk)
Registration deadline is Tuesday, May 29!
SW Parks Planning
In addition to attending Community Advisory Committee (CAC) meetings, there will be many other ways to get involved in the project:
- Sign up to receive email updates by visiting www.minneapolisparks.org/subscribe. If you are already a subscriber, add “Southwest Service Area Master Plan” to your subscription preferences. Email updates are the best way to stay informed about meeting and event dates.
- Attend other public project meetings. Though they have not yet been scheduled, MPRB expects numerous community meetings throughout 2018 and 2019.
- The project team will share project information and listen to ideas be at dozens of community ice cream socials, festivals and park events this summer. Stop by and see us!
- Email Project Manager Colleen O’Dell at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in inviting someone from the project team to present at a meeting or event or engage your organization, group or community in the planning process.
- Share your thoughts now via the SWSAMP online survey.
CAC Meeting #1
Date: Tuesday, May 22, 2018
Time: 6-8 pm
Location: Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Recreation Center
Address: 4055 Nicollet Ave S