The ANA launched its Safety Rebate Program in July 2018. The popular programs have helped many community members make safety upgrades for their apartments, rentals and homes.
Residential Rebate Program
The Armatage Neighborhood Association (ANA) provides a rebate for the first $100 in expenses for eligible improvements per address per calendar year. As of January 1, 2022, the program will have a $200 lifetime cap per address for residents.
Both renters and homeowners are eligible to apply. Our goal with these changes is to help as many neighbors as possible make home safety updates while keeping the program operating despite decreased funding.
All residential properties in the Armatage neighborhood, both owned or rented, may receive a rebate. Multiple applications may be submitted, but the total of rebates for any address is limited to $100 per property per calendar year until reaching a $200 per address lifetime cap. ANA reserves the right to verify through inspection that claimed work/purchases were, in fact, installed.
Examples of Eligible Improvements:
- Exterior security/motion lighting fixtures including any necessary wiring and electrical work
- Exterior steel security doors, including garage access doors
- Deadbolt locks (either chain or bolt) on exterior doors, including garage access doors
- Smoke detectors, carbon monoxide (CO) detectors, radon testing kits or associated test fees.
- Window or sliding door security locks or security restraints
- Security bars on garage windows or on windows not facing the street
- Initial installation of a home security system/service (but not the monthly monitoring fees)
- Fire extinguishers
- Exterior cameras including doorbell cameras
- Storm or combination doors not of the all-steel “security” type, even if lockable
- Door handles or locksets that do not include a deadbolt.
- Rental charges
- Personal installation time or “sweat equity”
- Monthly monitoring or service fees
- Batteries, light bulbs or other consumables
Submit a completed form (linked below) along with your receipts. PDFs, screen shots and digital images of receipts are accepted. Eligible receipts must be dated within the calendar year the rebate is requested. Please allow the ANA thirty (30) days to process this request and issue your check.
The ANA verifies compliance and issues a rebate check. ANA retains all submitted forms and attachments. If a rebate is denied, a resident may bring an appeal before the ANA.