Use for non-emergency city services and information.
Available weekdays from 7:00am-7:00pm and
weekends 8:00am- 4:30pm.
Or download the 311 app!
- Long grass
- A stray dog or animal complaints
- Broken parking meters or street lights
- Abandoned vehicles
- Water main breaks, or any other situation that needs the attention of City workers.
Get information about:
- Where to vote
- Licensing and permits
- Garbage pickup
- Mortgage foreclosure resources
Use when police, medical, or fire response needed.
Call to report a crime in progress or when you see suspicious activity (which may lead to a crime).
Tips when you call 911:
- Stay calm.
- Briefly state the problem.
- Give the location with as much detail as possible.
- Answer the operator’s questions and stay on the line until the 911 operator
- ends the call. Help can be sent while you talk.
Inform operator if:
- You wish to remain anonymous.
- You want to speak to the officer responds to your call.
- You need a translator.
Call 911 back if the situation changes (the problem improves, worsens or ends).