April Meeting Agenda
April 19, 2016
6:30pm in the Armatage Community Center
- City Council Update
- Park Update
- Committee Updates
- Community Engagement
- Summer Festival
- Coordinator Update
- Treasurer Report
- Secretary Report
- New Business
Please submit agenda items and requests for childcare at least 3 days in advance.
Armatage Happy Hour
Thursday, April 28
Join members of the ANA for a casual happy hour and a chance to meet neighbors, ask questions about what we do, and share your ideas about what you’d like to see happen in Armatage.
Cash bar • Appetizers provided by the ANA
ANA Annual Meeting
May 17 starting at 6:30pm
Armatage Community Center
Join us for a bike-focused annual meeting!
- Bike Fixation — bike services stations located around the City
- Perennial Cycle (formerly Calhoun Cycle) — how to carry things on your bike (from a purse to bags of groceries)
- Midtown Greenway — Greenway Glow event on June 18
- Minneapolis Bike Coalition – protected bikeways
- Biking maps, resources and more will be available for attendees.
- Paul Thissen (tentative)
- And more…
We need to do some business — that of electing members to the board, and addressing any issues that may require the board’s attention.
We hope you can join us for this informative and fun night!
Saturday, Apr. 2nd | 12:30-2:30pm
St. Peter’s AME Church | 401 E. 41st St., Minneapolis
Gardening Matters can help residents get their gardens off to a great start at seed and plant distribution events held across Minneapolis and St. Paul. Learn more about this community garden program online!
5th Precinct Block Leader Training
Monday, April 25, 2015
5th Precinct Community Room
(3101 Nicollet Ave, Minneapolis 55408 – Visitor parking lot off 1st Av S just south of 31st St W)
- Block leaders get special crime alerts for their block and are asked to share with their neighbors.
- Block leaders get priority registration for:
- MPD Citizens Academy (learn how the police department works)
- MFD CERT (learn how to respond in a natural disaster)
- and can even attend the RPOW (rental property owner workshop)
- It doesn’t take a lot of time to be a block leader but it can make a huge difference in your neighborhood
- More than one person can be a block leader on a block so everyone is welcome to join!
This meeting is informal and more than one representative per block is encouraged to attend. If you need to come a little late or leave a little early, no problem. Walk-ins are welcome.
To RSVP (or for questions) contact: CPS Jennifer Waisanen at (612) 673-5407, Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org
Fifth Precinct Open House
Tuesday, May 17, 2016
3101 Nicollet Av S
This is an opportunity to learn about the Minneapolis Police Department. Fun, food, and entertainment – all FREE!
Southwest Business Association Happy Hour
Tuesday, April 19, 2016
5:00PM – 6:00 PM
King’s Wine Bar (4555 Grand Ave S)
Gather together with your friends and neighbors, and get to know the local characters that keep us wined, dined and entertained while enjoying special deals on drinks and appetizers at our next Southwest Business Association Happy Hour! This is a great opportunity to build some organic marketing for your business!
Summer Employment for Teens
Opportunities with the Parks
- What do we do?
- Lifeguards (American Red Cross certified)
- Attendants (admissions/ customer service role at the waterparks and Webber Pool)
- Sailors (Lake Harriet)
- Where do we work?
- Jim Lupient Waterpark
- North Commons Waterpark
- Webber Natural Pool
- 8 beaches over 5 lakes
Visit the seasonal jobs page which contains the job descriptions for each position and the application.
Minneapolis Teen Job and Opportunity Fair
Saturday, April 30
Minneapolis Central Library (300 Nicollet Mall)
Special Education – Learn about topics like special education services, 504 plans, and suspension policies.
- May 5th at Washburn Library in Minneapolis; register here
- May 26th at Maple Grove Library in Maple Grove; register here
Children’s Challenging Behaviors – Learn when and how to seek help, develop parenting strategies, learn about educational supports, and discover resources available.
- May 7th at Sumner Library in Minneapolis; register here
Mental Health Crisis Planning for Families – Learn the role of county crisis teams, de-escalation techniques, and how to create effective crisis plans.
- May 12th at Adath Jeshurun in Minnetonka; register here
These classes are free but registration is required.