Date: October 16th, 2018
Called to Order: 6:30PM
Presided by: Joel Federer (President)
Note taker: Tyler Mulcahey, Secretary
In attendance: Joel Federer, Tyler Mulcahey, Nikki Lindberg, Michael Kootsikas, Jim Hoch, Stephanie Vigen, Kelly Falsani, Adriana Dobrzychka
Absent: Laurel Luxenberg, Ryan Antkowiak, Tara Brown, Judy Vecere
- Stacy Sorensen, NCR (board survey) – Survey to gather information & demographics of Minneapolis neighborhood organization boards. Please complete and give back to Stacy. For those board members not present, link to the survey will be sent out via e-mail.
President’s Report – ANA Coordinator Nikki Lindberg’s last meeting is tonight. Happy Hour at Wild Minds on 10/24 at 7:30pm to wish her well. She will be moving onto a position at Minnetonka Center for the Arts.
We are conducting interviews to find an ANA Coordinator replacement and we have some good candidates. 4 board members will be interviewing.
Bylaws committee met a few weeks ago and updated bylaws were shared with the board via e-mail. Updated bylaws will be posted on the ANA website tonight or tomorrow for 30 days of community review/feedback. After that, Board will discuss any recommended changes that may need to be made, then the full bylaws will be voted on by the board vote.
Secretary Report – September 2018 minutes approved by the board.
Treasurer Report – Financials e-mailed to the board.
Park Update, Nikki Friederich –
- Volleyball starting up this week; 5 teams this year
- Winter sports and winter/spring programs registration will start November 7th
- Halloween Party (Friday, October 26th from 6-8:30pm): Happening in Armatage Park – mostly outdoor event: Hayride, bouncy house, DJ, s’mores, fire pit, and a trick or treat trail for kids to get candy & prizes.
Committee Updates —
- Community Engagement
- Washburn Park – No update
- Happy Hour at Red Wagon – Next one coming up on 11/13; free pizza; cash bar
- Charity Drive/Tree Lighting – Happening on 11/23. Formula & diaper drive will take place. Renting a sleigh for folks to take photos.
- ANA Annual Meeting Community Ideas – Sent out via e-mail for the board to vote on to prioritize. Please send Stephanie & Adriana your top 5 that you’d like the board to prioritize. Some are easier to implement and others would take more time to implement. Some of the ideas are things that the park board could address in their planning meeting. Some of the ideas are events/activities that other neighborhoods around us may already offer and residents could take advantage of.
- Regarding the tool library: An idea that was brought up is to do a “virtual tool library” where we have an online spreadsheet where people can put their name and the tools they have available for residents to use.
- Here are some of the top ideas that had the top votes from the board:
- More light at the park/parking lot
- Dog park
- Solar gardens + grants
- Tool library
- Shade at the pool
- Micro-grant program – Should be discussed separately from the ANA annual meeting community ideas. Should be broad so the community can take ownership to improve their community. Adriana reached out to several neighborhoods to get ideas on how to create this micro-grant program. If anyone else on the board or community is interested in helping with the micro-grant program, please let Adriana know.
- Search update – Quite a few applications have come in for the new ANA Coordinator. There are 4 board members that will be interviewing candidates this weekend. These 4 board members will give their recommendation to the board.
New Business – None
Meeting Adjourned: 7:04PM
Next Meeting: November 20th • 6:30pm