Armatage Neighborhood Association
Monthly Meeting Minutes
Armatage Rec Center
Date: November 21, 2017
Called to order: 6:32 pm
Presided by: Ryan Antkowiak, Secretary
Note taker: Stephanie Vigen
In attendance: Board Members — Ryan Antkowiak, Jim Hoch, Michael Kootsikas, Laurel Luxenberg, Judy Vecere, Stephanie Vigen
Other — Rachel Ireland-Henry (accountant)
Residents – Gary Remafedi, Matthew Larson
- Late Night Take Out/Diamond BBQ
- Did not attend
City Council Update – (Linea Palmisano, City Council Member; Kendal Killian, Ward 13 Aide; Patty Day, Ward 13 Aide)
The following officers were nominated and approved.
- Did not attend
Park Update – Nikki Friederich, Park Director
- Nikki Friederich could not attend but Nikki Lindberg provided updates.
- Youth sports registration is open but filling up fast.
- Fire and Ice event – January 19th 6:00-8:30pm
- Tree lighting this Friday @ 7:00pm
- Sleigh will be delivered on Wednesday.
- Will collect diapers and formula donations that night. Nikki Lindberg will drop off.
President’s Report – None
- October minutes approved online
Treasurer Report – Judy Vecere
- Current financial statements sent via email.
- Rachel Ireland-Henry, Accountant
- Rachel will begin tracking numbers at the first of the year.
- Community Engagement – 12/2 open house for Washburn Park
- Will take place at Armatage Rec Center
- Happy hours at Red Wagon Pizza – Ryan Antkowiak
- Next happy hour will be on Tuesday, January 9th from 7:00-9:00pm
Coordinator Update – Nikki Lindberg
- Communications policy
- Nikki sent info to NCR. They thought it would be better to meet with some ANA board members so Nikki would like to see who is interested.
- Sample communication topic: Should ANA accept advertising in the newsletter?
- Bylaws (link of review went to board)
- Ready to send to the city.
- Tree lighting, Friday at 7pm
- Business facade grants: Penn Dental
- First application for the grant.
- Grant would be for a sign that will be internally lit.
- Roger from SW Business Association will follow up with Nikki Lindberg when that organization receives funding.
- Trees for Kids
- Need to determine if ANA would like to be involved in this for Earth Day 2018.
- Organization is Neighborhood Forest.
- Cost to sponsor is approximately $2.00 per child.
- Tree will be given to children to plant at home.
- Trees are 6-12” and native to MN.
- Targeted toward elementary school children although ANA does not have a strong relationship with either of the elementary schools.
- Ryan Antkowiak will address at the next PTA meeting to help determine interest.
- Crime statistics
- Nikki Lindberg spoke with Minneapolis Police. The Police agree that the crime information should be presented in a different way, however, they do not have a statistician to work on this.
- Minneapolis 2040
- The event that is closest to Armatage is at MLK Park on December 11th.
- Conference is in January.
- Parking lot at the park is extremely dark.
- Need to determine what can be done about this to improve safety.
- Minneapolis Crisis Nursery volunteer event
- Tara Brown is organizing an event on December 2nd if anyone is interested in participating.
Next ANA meeting is scheduled for December 19th.
Meeting adjourned: 6:55 pm
Submitted by: Stephanie Vigen