4th of July Fun at Armatage Park
For 2021 the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board (MPRB) is planning a series of Fourth of July events at neighborhood parks and regional parks around the city, including at Armatage!
Between 11:00am and 1:00pm on July 4, stop by Armatage Park for a free creation from on-site balloon artists. See the full list of events above and more info at https://www.minneapolisparks.org/activities__events/events/red_white_and_boom/
Be Safe with Fireworks and Keep 911 Open for Emergencies
Fourth of July fireworks are part of Independence Day celebrations, and the noise complaints and safety issues they can generate lead to high call volumes at 911 call centers across the country.
Minneapolis Fireworks Rules
- Your fireworks must be nonexplosive. Examples of approved fireworks include sparklers, cones, and snakes
- Use your fireworks on your own property.
- Do not use your fireworks on public property, including roads, alleys, schools, parks
When to Call 911
For fireworks-related issues that pose life safety threats or fire hazards, residents should call 911 for police, fire or medical help. Call 911 if any of the following occur:
- A person is injured by fireworks
- Airborne fireworks land on a building or wood area posing a fire risk
- The size of a fireworks gathering and unruly behavior beginning to pose a threat to others
Make Noise Reports Online or Through 311
Reducing the number of noise complaints to 911 will allow emergency calls to be answered as quickly as possible. Instead of calling 911 for Fourth of July noise reports,
- Make noise reports online,
- Call and leave a message at 311
- Use the 311 app
- Text “fireworks” to 311898 to enter a fireworks complaint on the City’s website.
Learn more at https://www.minneapolismn.gov/report-an-issue/fireworks-complaint/