Date: April 16th, 2019
Called to Order: 6:35PM
Presided by: Joel Federer
Note taker: Lara Bergman
Board members in attendance: Stephanie Vigen, Michael Kootsikas, Brett Anderson, Judy Vecere, Lauren Anderson (Coordinator)
Others in attendance: Rachel Ireland-Henry (Accountant)
Board members absent: Tyler Mulcahey, Ryan Antkowiak, Tara Brown
Park Update- Nikki Fredich
- Summer registration underway
- 150 kids at egg hunt, 450 total, continue event moving forward
- Movies in the Park: June 19th Princess Bride @ Armatage, Aug. 7th Into the Spiderverse at Kenny
- 30 tables max in storage, 5-10 new tables? Mighty lite 8” banquet tables ~370
- Park equipment needs: 5-10 new Mighty Lite Banquet Tables ( ~$370/ea), folding chairs, Nikki to follow up with Tara about skates
- Tot lot celebration- this will not be a formal opening, but a neighborhood supported event in June.
Annual Meeting Planning- Joel
- Welcome/pizza: candidates give a short speech, 7 seats- 3 open, 4 re-election
- Election- Dennis will tally votes
- Linea Palmisano (15 minutes)
- Overview- Joel
- Mini grants- Stephanie (10 minutes)
- Rain gardens- Green Team/ Lauren
- Safety rebate program- Joel
- Penn & 54th Safety- Ryan
- Summer festival- Michael
- Neighborhoods 2020- Brett
- Q/A (20 minutes)
- Election results/ wrap around 8pm
- Each person presenting at the meeting should prepare no longer than a 2 minute explanation and 1-2 powerpoint slides per topic. Lauren will send out a template.
- Microphone & Projector to be located
- Red Wagon pizza, cookies from Costco and Flowers from Wagners as in past years
- Up to 5 gift cards to raffle off at the event- Lauren to ask Red Wagon, Lara to as Settergrens, Lola, etc
Motion to approve $500 for event food. Approved by the board.
Summer Festival Planning
- Will be looking into sponsorship opportunities for tent, magician, car show, etc
- We will hold a raffle with pre-sale tickets available and a board member will walk around selling tickets to drum up interest
- Kidzone will be more expensive due to full day ($295) but no band this year
- SW journal, Facebook, Nextdoor to advertise
- Increasing wristband prices to $6/ea or $18 family maximum
Selection of NCEC Elector & Alternate Elector
- Moved to June meeting. We will need two people to attend the June 20th election downtown
NRP Phase II Contract Closeout
- This is ANA’s official 30 day notice. The new ANA board can vote in June.
Other New Business
Secretary Report – minutes approved via email
Treasurer Report – financials emailed
- Donation drive– constant flow of people, nextdoor worked, VA got the bulk, clothing, good quality. 117 boxes/bags. 12 orgs. Consider doing a focused one seasonally. Great job, green team!
- Rain Garden Tour– June 1st
- One question, no applicants yet, big push at Annual meeting
- Website update complete.
- Lauren’s summary of monthly tasks was so board the board could see how hours are used
- Rain gardens- 20 people already applied, all homeowners. Laurent to target ads to renters.
- Garage sale- 4 people signed up, it will be Fri/Sat this year
- Nate Gotlieb from SW Journal wants to do an article on Tot lot. Lauren to connect him to Tara.
Motion to renew web hosting for $270. Approved by the board.
Final notes from Joel: Please submit candidate bio for the board to Lauren ahead of time.
Meeting adjourned 8:10pm
Next Meeting May 21, 2019 (Annual Meeting)