Armatage Neighborhood Association Meeting
Meeting was called to order at 6:35 pm by Denis Houle.
ANA board members in attendance: Tara Brown, Kelly Falsani, Denis Houle, Steve Johnson, Michael Kootsikas, and Laurel Luxenberg, Judy Vecere
Others in attendance: Nikki Lindberg (ANA Coordinator), Nikki Frederich (Park Coordinator), and 4 other Armatage Residents Chris Sorenson, Joel Federer, Jim Hoch, and Stephanie Eagan.
Park Update (Nikki Frederich, Park Director)
- Egg hunt – 150 registered kids and 50 showed day of. Great feedback on bounce house, face painting, live bunnies
- Spring sports in full swing – baseball, softball, full track and field team
- Need track and field coaches April 27-June 2 Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Fields can be reserved. Call at 2pm on Friday for the following week. In-house team gets priority (for Armatage and Kenny)
- Summer Registration is out for all events now
2017 Goals and Priorities – Need to set goals
Welcome Bags (Michael) – 8 companies are participating
Green Team (Tara)
- Reminder that we will have a table at the Movie in the Park June 19th about lawn care
- Metrobloom opportunity has received 19 requests. We have 10 openings. Potential to provide those beyond the first 10 the opportunity for yard consultation.
Coordinator Updates (Nikki Lindberg)
Summer Festival Team
- Leadership roles have been assigned – Coordinator will reach out to
- Food vendors are all interested in coming back
- Band lined up, face painter, skateboard and MPLS Tap
- Striving for a Zero-Waste Event
- Event will be Sunday, August 13th 3-7pm
Annual Meeting Update
- Red Wagon and Pizzeria Lola will provide food
- Marion Green can come speak. Representative Palmisano will be present
- Door prizes to encourage attendance – Potted plants
- Meet and Greet Format
- Mailer to alert
Financial Audit Update
- Procedural audit with the city. Nikki working with Michael Wilson (CPA for ANA). Judy involved as well.
- Main actions are to review by-laws and polices (e.g. financial policy)
- Board to review and make additional comments
- Resident offered to review invoices
- Questions were asked: Do we ever publish our spending? Is there a potential for a neighborhood meeting based solely on funding?
Kelly entered meeting
Neighborhoods 2020 Dialogues
- Dialogues are about Neighborhood Funding
- May 8th at 6pm for MLK Park (40th & Nicollet) is the events. Please RSVP
Garage Sale (June 3rd) – Armatage and Kenny
- Open Streets in Kenny on Lyndale June 3th
- Group to do fundraiser bake sale
Movie in the Park (scheduled for June 19th)
- Movie: Peewee’s Big Adventure
- Green Team to have a booth giving tips
- Food truck for desserts
- Bike shop to give tune ups
Welcome bags – Request to order 250, could get them for $8.50. Ordered 125 last year
- Motion made by Michael, seconded by Laurel. Motion carried
Future of FixIt Home Improvement Program
- Fulton, Kenny, Lynhurst and Armatage have created Fix-It Home Improvement. Current provider no longer to maintain home program. New: Provider wants $10,000 annual fee and 13% origination fee.
- CEE already runs their own program: Could we handle that?
- Goals: Armatage remain a desirable place to live
- Ideas for alternatives: buy down on someone’s interest rates
- Home Energy Audits: cover residents $70
- Grant program to homeowners
- Design or architect fees
- Subsidize home buyer education classes – ex. Ice Damn class
- Sponsor home improvement options
- Resident shared matching programs are very effective
- Rebate for higher efficiency machines
Summer Intern – Neighborhood college student $10-12/hr for a total of $1,000
Gypsy Moth Update – First treatment May 1- May 15. Second treatment will be 7-10 days later
Treasurer Update (Judy Vecere)
- Previewed via email. Highlighted in meeting. Budget is on track and cash flow is good.
Unfrozen Funds from the City
- Received a letter from Armatage Montessori to seek zone approval for relocating doors and security
Meeting was adjourned at 7:51 pm. Steve motion to adjourn.