Aug 24 Meeting Agenda
All are welcome to join next week’s Monthly Meeting on Zoom! Due to scheduling, the ANA Board made the decision to hold this meeting a week later than usual and on Zoom. Register for the link at bit.ly/ANAmtgs
- Welcome and Introductions (6:30pm)
- Park Update – Jordan Nelson (6:35pm)
- City Update – Council Member Linea Palmisano (6:40pm)
- Safety Update – Jennifer Waisanen (7:00pm)
- Final Edits & Approval of Equitable Engagement Template (7:20pm)
- Future of Safety Rebate Program (7:30pm)
- Coordinator Report (7:55pm)
- Funds for District 6 Park Commissioner ($75), Charter Amendment Education ($150), and Ward 13 City Council Candidate Forums ($100)
- Armatage Playground Celebration
- Committee Action Needed (8:05pm)
- Safety, Equity & Outreach: Funds for Sep 25 Event EQUITY signs
- New Business (8:10pm)
Armatage Playground Reopening Celebration
Thursday, August 26
Join the Armatage Neighborhood Association (ANA), the Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board (MPRB), and Armatage Community School for a Playground Reopening Celebration! Enjoy free cold treats (donated by the ANA and Jonny Pops!) and celebrate with music and new play equipment!
Cycle the Summer at Armatage: August 25
Minneapolis Parks will host a Cycle the Summer event for kids at Armatage Park on Wednesday, August 25 as part of their series of smaller, bike-focused events throughout the summer for people of all ages, backgrounds and riding abilities!
Learn more about the Cycle the Summer series and sign up for the August 25 Cycle the Summer event or the upcoming Biking Without Barriers events at https://www.minneapolisparks.org/activities__events/events/cycle_the_summer/
All Are Welcome Here Lawn Signs
Get your All Are Welcome Here lawn sign and proudly display to spread the message that ALL are Welcome in Armatage. The ANA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit so your donation is tax deductible and eligible for employer matching contributions.
Signs + stakes are $20 each and your donation goes toward supporting the ANA’s work in our community. Order online at armatage.org/allarewelcomehere/ and, if you’re in the neighborhood, we’ll deliver your sign to your front yard. You can also find signs at the Playground Reopening Celebration on Thursday, Aug 26 from 4:30-6:30pm at Armatage Park.
Summer Food Truck Night Thank You
Thank you to everyone who stopped by our Summer Food Truck Night on August 14! It was amazing to spend the evening outdoors enjoying good food, music and sunshine with neighbors. Huge thanks to our volunteers, vendors and partners for a great event!
Meet Your Community Helpers Event
Save the date for an outdoor event at Armatage Park with the helpers that serve our community including the Minneapolis Fire Department, Solid Waste & Recycling, USPS, EMTs and more!
There will be distanced demos, educational activities, a school supply drive and TRUCKS! More details to come at armatage.org.
Hennepin County Deconstruction Grants Available
To help divert waste from landfills, Hennepin County has grants available for up to $5,000 to deconstruct residential buildings. Property owners and developers are eligible to apply. Applicants must be a homeowner or developer in Hennepin County and the work must be on residential properties. Projects must meet the reuse and disposal criteria, the structure being demolished or renovated must have been built prior to 1970, and the size of structure or area of renovation must be 500 square feet or larger. Learn more and apply at https://www.hennepin.us/deconstruction
Get a Free COVID-19 Vaccine, Get $100
Haven’t gotten your COVID-19 yet? The strongest defense against the delta variant is through vaccination. Plus, the State of Minnesota is offering a $100 incentive for everyone age 12 and older who gets vaccinated by August 22.
Free COVID-19 vaccines are available at Minneapolis Health Department clinic. Walk-ins are welcome, and the vaccinations are free. You don’t need insurance, you don’t need an appointment and you don’t need an ID. Questions about the vaccines? Watch and share this video for 11 things you should know about COVID-19 vaccines.
Upcoming Free Clinics
- Park Avenue United Methodist Church, 3400 Park Ave. 9 a.m. to noon, every Saturday
- Steven’s Square Park, 1801 Stevens Ave. 4-7 p.m. Aug. 27
You can also sign up for the Minnesota COVID-19 vaccine connector in English, Spanish, Somali or Hmong to get contacted about vaccine in your area.
Masks Required for Municipal Buildings
Here are our local mask requirements to follow in response to rising COVID-19 cases:
- The City of Minneapolis now requires everyone over the age of two to wear a mask inside city municipal buildings. Read more here.
- For Hennepin County buildings, the requirement is that everyone age five and up wear a mask. See more about the Hennepin County guidlines here.
- The Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board now requires masks for all staff and visitors ages two and older in all its buildings. Read more here.
Rent and Housing Assistance as the Eviction Moratorium Ends
MN law now requires a property owner or manager who intends on filing an eviction for non-payment of rent to provide a written notice to their renter, along with information about rental assistance, 15 days before filing an eviction proceeding with the courts between now and Oct. 12.
This new law also prohibits a property owner or manager from evicting a renter if the renter has a pending application for COVID-19 emergency rental assistance at the state or local level until June 1, 2022. The renter must be able to prove that they’ve applied for rental assistance. Renters may apply for COVID-19 emergency rental assistance at renthelpmn.org or by calling 211.
If you have questions about your specific housing situation and how it relates to the end of the eviction moratorium, contact:
- Home Line’s tenant hotline: 612-728-5767 or homelinemn.org
- Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid: 612-334-5970
Free Pet Adoptions for Cats & Dogs Over 6 Months
Minneapolis Animal Care & Control is waiving adoption fees for cats and dogs over six months old currently at the shelter. Visit the City’s website for more information.
- See cats ready for adoption or browse dogs ready for adoption. Animals six months of age or older have no adoption fee.
- Call 311 or 612-673-6222 to request an adoption appointment. Appointments are available Monday through Friday.
- Adopters must meet and spend time with the animal they want to adopt before completing adoption paperwork.
- Minneapolis residents must purchase a City pet license.
- To adopt you must be 18 years old with a valid form of identification.
- Minneapolis residents must also provide proof of their current address and of current rabies vaccines for other pets (cats, dogs or ferrets).
- Cats and small critters must leave in a carrier. You can bring a carrier or buy a cardboard transport box at the shelter. Dogs must leave on a leash. You can bring a leash and collar, or the shelter will provide a slip lead.