December 15 Meeting Agenda
- 6:30pm: Welcome and Introductions
- 6:35pm: Approval of November Minutes & Financials
- 6:40pm: ANA Visioning and Board/Committee Expectations Part 2
- 7:20pm: Coordinator Update:
- Holiday Light Tour
- Remaining ANA Funds
- 7:30pm: January 2021 Newsletter
- 7:45pm City Update and Q & A with Council Member Linea Palmisano
Register to attend the Armatage Monthly Neighborhood Meeting and get this month’s Zoom link here.
Armatage Holiday Light Tour
Enjoy the colorful city streets and light displays of our neighborhood this holiday season with our first-ever Armatage Holiday Light Tour, which starts tonight and runs each night from 5:00-8:00pm through Sunday, December 20. The tour is self-guided and free. You can download this year’s tour map at https://armatage.org/holidaylights/
After you’ve visited every stop on the tour, head back to vote for your favorite holiday displays. In the spirit of fairness, please hold off on voting until you’ve visited each and every stop. The three addresses with the most votes will get a $50 gift card to an Armatage business!
We need light and holiday cheer this year more than ever – please help us spread the word to friends and neighbors in the area!
Free COVID-19 Testing
The City of Minneapolis is offering free COVID-19 tests. Testing is encouraged and available to everyone, whether or not you have symptoms. For more info on what to expect, how to quarantine while you wait for results, when to expect results, and links to more testing sites visit http://www.minneapolismn.gov/coronavirus/coronavirus-testing
Sabathani Community Center, 310 E. 38th St.
Noon-4 p.m. Dec. 19
Columbia Golf Course, 3300 Central Ave. NE
10 a.m.-4 p.m. Dec. 13, Dec. 14, Dec. 20, Dec. 21
Minneapolis Convention Center, 1301 Second Ave. S., Exhibit Room E
Noon-7 p.m. weekdays and 10 a.m.-4 p.m. weekends starting Nov. 9
Make an appointment here.
Find instructions here.
Native American Community Clinic, 1213 E. Franklin Ave.
2 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays
Appointments required: Call 612-872-8086 to schedule an appointment.
Southside Community Health Services, 324 E. 35th St.
2-3 p.m. Mondays through Fridays
Appointments required: Call 612-821-3548 to schedule an appointment.
Same day testing can be done for health care workers, first responders and essential workers. Otherwise, expect to get your test results in about two-three business days.
Transforming Community Safety Survey Extended Through Dec 18
Provide your input on what community safety looks like and share your ideas about a new model of community safety for the City of Minneapolis. Here are links to the survey, which now closes Dec 18:
- Transforming Community Safety in Minneapolis (English)
- Transformando la Seguridad de la Comunidad en Minneapolis (Spanish)
- Waxa Laga Beddelayo Badqabka Dadweynaha (Somali)
- Kev hloov pauv hauv zej zog kev nyab xeeb Huv Lub Nroog Minneapolis (Hmong)
- Jijjiirama Nageenyaa Hawaasaa Minneapolis keessatti Taasisuu (Oromo)
Your input will help inform efforts to expand and improve the public safety system, with the goal of ensuring that every single person in Minneapolis can trust they’ll be kept safe. Learn more and stay up to date on this process at https://www.minneapolismn.gov/community-safety/
Apply for an Armatage Safety Rebate
There are just a few weeks left to apply for a 2020 Safety Rebate! If you’ve been thinking about upgrading motion lighting, installing new deadbolt locks, or adding outdoor security cameras, check our list of eligible expenses and apply for a up to $100 Safety Rebate before December 31 to take advantage of the 2020 program. If you’ve already gotten a rebate this year, you’ll have the opportunity to apply again in January 2021.
Whether you rent, own a home or operate a business in Armatage, there’s a Safety Rebate program for you! Click below to learn more:
Free Pet Adoptions at MACC in December
To help pets find their forever homes for the holidays, Minneapolis Animal Care & Control is waiving adoption fees for all adoptable animals during the month of December! Let’s clear the shelter – read more here.
- Browse adoptable animals at www2.minneapolismn.gov/animals/adopt.
- Call 311 or 612-673-6222 to request an adoption appointment. All adoptions are being done by appointment to limit the spread of COVID-19.
- Adopters must meet and spend time with the animal they want to adopt before completing adoption paperwork.
- Minneapolis residents must purchase a City pet license.
Winter Park Programs
The Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board anticipates adult sports leagues returning to action this winter with an emphasis on health and safety. At this point the MPRB is planning on hosting in-person adult sports leagues with modifications in place to help protect all league participants while offering opportunities to compete, have fun and be healthy in the parks this winter. There are also great virtual youth programs.
- Check out winter adult sports here. Adult outdoor hockey will be held at Armatage Park with outdoor benches instead of a warming room (register for hockey here).
- Free Virtual Jr. Naturalist Programs for ages 7-13 on Dec 14, 15 and 16. Learn more and register here.
Minneapolis residents who cannot afford participation fees because of economic need may apply for fee assistance through the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board Fee Assistance Program.
Minneapolis Solid Waste & Recycling Survey
Got a few minutes? Take Minneapolis Solid Waste & Recycling’s survey on how your waste generation and purchasing behaviors have changed since March. The responses are anonymous and will serve as a guide for developing community outreach and educational messaging for 2021. The survey will close December 20 at 11:59 p.m. but don’t wait, fill it out today. Take the survey here.
Reduce Waste this Holiday Season
Click here for Minneapolis Solid Waste & Recycling’s tips to reduce food waste, buy used, safely recycle items like broken strings of lights, opt for low-waste decor and more!