Date: February 18, 2020
Called to Order: 6:34PM
Presided by: Joel Federer (President)
Note taker: Adam Miller
Board members in attendance: Tyler Mulcahey, Sara Fulton-Koerbling, Brett Anderson, Lauren Anderson (Coordinator) Adam Miller, Michael Kootsikas, and Judy Vecere
Others in attendance: Rachel Ireland-Henry (Accountant), Jordan Nelson (Park Director) – Michael Jishka (CAC Board member), Kate Hersey (Minnesota Tool Library), and Jennifer Waisanen (5th Precinct Crime Prevention Coordinator)
Board members absent: Donte Mearon, Ryan Antkowiak, and Adriana Dobrzycka,
February 18, 2020 Agenda
6:30pm Welcome & Introductions 6:35pm Park Update – Jordan Nelson (Park Director)
- Ice rink will remain open until the end of February. Summer sports registration will be opening soon.
- Southwest Minneapolis Parks Master Plan and the Minnehaha Parkway Regional Trail Master plan comment period is open.
6:40pm Minnesota Tool Library – Kate Hersey, Executive Director
- The Executive Director of the Minnesota Tool Library (MTL) provided a presentation and overview of the MTL and how they have structured their organization.
- Considerations for creating a tool library include membership structure, fiscal sponsors, tool selection, staffing, inventory system/policy, liability policy, and space needs.
- MTL currently serves 1,100 members and they have three (3) membership levels: Standard ($120/year), Premium ($250/year), and Basic ($55/year).
7:00pm 2019 CPP Report
- Discussion about requested information was discussed and clarified for submission to the City of Minneapolis.
- Motion to approve CPP report. Motion carries.
7:15pm Other Business – Guest: Michael Jischke, CAC member
- Southwest Minneapolis Parks Master Plan and the Minnehaha Parkway Regional Trail Master plan has been revised. This plan addresses the concerns about the continuity of the Minnehaha Parkway.
- The plan improves the water quality of Minnehaha Creek, including water treatment prior it entering the creek. A canoe slip near Upton and 54th will also be added.
- The 45 day public comment period will open soon.
7:20pm President’s Report
- Neighborhoods 2020 Update
- Funding levels for neighborhoods are still being considered by the Minneapolis City Council.
- Open Board Seats
- Three board seats will be open in May.
7:30pm Minutes – Approved via Email
Treasurer Report – Financials Emailed
7:35pm Safety Update – Jennifer Waisanen, 5th Precinct Crime Prevention Coordinator
- A report with incidents and crime statistics for Armatage was provided to the ANA Board. Overall crime was low in the neighborhood last year.
7:55pm Committee Updates
- Green Team:
- 2/26 Organics Recycling Workshop: Lauren will lead a workshop on the organics recycling program in Minneapolis.
- Mini Grants:
- Final Outreach for 2020 Cycle
- The board reached out to the Armatage school about the program, particularly for after school care.
- One mini-grant application has been submitted so far.
- Summer Festival
8:10pm Coordinator Update:
- SW Parks Master Plan Designs
- Census Grant
- The ANA applied for and received $750 to help with the count for the 2020 Census.
- Hennepin County GROW Organics Recycling Grant
- Up to $10,000 is available to help improve the organic recycling usage rate in Armatage. A proposal was drafted and submitted to the Green Team for their review and approval. The grant provides for staff, demonstrations, and materials.
- Renew Adobe Creative Cloud membership
- Motion to spend $360 on another year of Creative Cloud. Motion carries.
- Motion to Adjourn – Approved