ARMATAGE NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION
Monthly Meeting Minutes 7/20/21 | 6:30 PM | Armatage Park
Samantha Bild, Vikisha Goberdhan, Eli Johnson, Ethan Komoroski, Nikki Lindberg, Sharla McIntosh-Ziegler, Kevin Ross, Judy Vecere
NOT IN ATTENDANCE: Adriana Dobrzycka, Joel Federer, Janhel Leandre
Lauren Anderson (Coordinator), Jordan Nelson (Armatage/Kenny Park Director), Sarah Komoroski, Aryca Myers and Bob Cooper (NCR)
June meeting minutes approved via email. Updated financials were sent via email.
6:33 Welcome and Introductions
- Kevin Ross, board VP, presided over the meeting
6:35 Coordinator’s Report
- Armatage Playground Celebration (Thursday, Aug 26 from 4:30-6:30pm). Jointly hosted by the ANA, MPRB and Armatage school
- Construction should be finished within the week. Waiting on swings and final inspection.
- Johnny Pops donated 100 treats.
- Board members to help: Sam, Joel and anyone else able to get to the park that afternoon
- Motion to allocate $75-100 for additional frozen treats and ice. Seconded. Motion carries.
- Fall Programs and Newsletter Content
- Fall newsletter will come out early, by mid-September, with content due in about 1 month
- Fundraising messaging: help crafting language — Nikki, Sam, Joel
- SEO Meet Your Community Helpers (Sept 25)
- Plan Modification and Bylaws Edits
- Charter amendment and election education
- SEO Screening & Conversation of Jim Crow of the North (in October)
- Holiday Tours (Halloween, Winter Lights) (Costs in 2020 $40 printing, $150 in gift cards for each tour.) Eli is willing to be the lead, and can be on the CE agenda. May be able to coordinate something together in timing with the park re Halloween.
- Quick Mention of Senior Engagement
- Include a way to gather info about interest in community group activities such as gardening groups, etc. Better fit for winter newsletter and likely part of our Equity Engagement Plan (January newsletter)
6:55 Armatage Funds (Aryca Myers and Bob Cooper, NCR)
- Funds Available to Contract
- From the NRP Contract — Home Improvement Program repayment income (currently over $63,000 available) anticipate program future for loans coming come due in 2035 & 37 (about $1,000/year); The joint neighbor Home Improvement Program we can anticipate about $6,300/year (2024, 2026, 2031, 2034, 2036)
- From the Neighborhood Priority Program (NPP) Contract — about $260,000 available in currently assigned categories (or we can modify the contract to move/reassign these funds to better suit the needs of the neighborhood)
- From the CPP Contract — what funds are remaining must be spent by the end of 2021. We will accomplish that, and are transferring some NPP funds to cover current calendar year needs
- 2022 and beyond — The City is replacing the CPP program with Neighborhoods 2020. This program has four components:
- (1) Citywide Neighborhood Network Fund (or base funding) and the ANA is allocated $15k for 2022 and $10k for future years;
- (2) Equitable Engagement Fund that requires each neighborhood to submit a proposal for their allotment and the ANA is allotted $3,800 for 2022, and about $4k for future years (see below for more);
- (3) Short-term Fund to help cover the costs of neighborhood organizational collaboration efforts to help save costs long-term;
- (4) Partnership Engagement Fund, a competitive fund available to community organizations, distributing $218k this year, and this will grow to over $1mil/year. Anticipating more funding requests than funds available, so will continue to be very competitive (deadline past for this year’s funds).
- Plan Modification Process
- For modifications of $25,000 or less, the neighborhood must be given at least 21-day meeting notice and only a board vote is required.
- For $25,000.01 to $200,000, notice and broad community support is required. This support can be gathered in various ways (email, social media, events), and must gather at least 25 positive votes beyond the board towards a majority.
- Modifications over $200,000.01 must go before the Policy Board.
- There are more rules around the “buckets,” but that can be facilitated with help from our city support team to best meet the needs of the neighborhood’s priorities.
- Equitable Engagement Fund (EEF)
- Budget should match the work. So keep that in mind when completing the program application. Lauren has started completing the template (copy in the board packet). The EEF wants to expand ways to gather ideas and support (so not limited to a meeting setting and traditional vote structure). First draft due Sept 1, and will be considered a living document.
- There will be a metric for plan review process viewable online to help understand the City’s expectations, and to help understand when an application may need more work to meet parameters and program goals.
- The ANA August meeting is being moved to the 24th, and the board will vote to approve the first draft at that time.
7:35 Bookkeeping Candidate: Clare King (Judy Vecere)
- Family emergency kept Clare from attending. Clare is certified and trained with an experienced person. She has a great understanding of both QB the neighborhood funding dynamics.
- Motion to approve the bookkeeper contract. Seconded. Motion carries.
7:40 Committee Action Needed
- Community Engagement: Funds for Aug 14 Event
- Motion to approve $100 for printing and art making supplies $175 ($275 total). Seconded. Motion carries
- Safety, Equity & Outreach: Funds for Sep 25 Event
- Motion to approve $300 for printing, park staff, door prizes. Seconded. Motion carries
- Motion to approve up to $450 for button machine kit. Seconded. Motion carries.
7:55 New Business
- August meeting moved to the 24th, when board can approve the first draft of the EEF via Zoom
- SEO meeting moving to July 31
Meeting adjourned at 7:57
Aug 7July 31 (new date) – Safety, Equity & Outreach Meeting (10:00-11:00am, Armatage Park)
- Aug 5 – Community Engagement Committee (5:30-6:30pm, Zoom)
- Aug 11 – Reading Circle Meeting #7 (7:00-8:30pm, Outdoors – email firstname.lastname@example.org for address)
- Aug 12 – Green Team Meeting (7:00-8:15pm, Outdoors – email email@example.com for address)
- Aug 14 – Summer Food Truck Night (4:00-6:00pm, Armatage Park)
- Aug 24 (new date) – Monthly Meeting (6:30-8:30pm, Armatage Park)
- Aug 26 – New Playground Celebration (4:30-6:30pm, Armatage Park)
- Sep 2 – Community Engagement Committee (5:30-6:30pm, Zoom)
- Sep 4 – Safety, Equity & Outreach Meeting (10:00-11:00am, Armatage Park)
- Sep TBD – Reading Circle Meeting #7 (7:00-8:00pm, Outdoors)
- Sep 9 – Green Team Meeting (7:00-8:15pm, Outdoors – email firstname.lastname@example.org for address)
- Sep 21 – Monthly Meeting & Safety Update (6:30-8:30pm, Armatage Park)
- Sep 25 – Meet Your Community Helpers Event (2:00-5:00pm, Armatage Park)