Residents were asked to share ideas based on the following topics regarding improvements they’d like to see in Armatage neighborhood.
The following people were elected to serve on the ANA board:
2018 Board Elections
- Ryan Antkowiak (board member since 2016) My family and I moved to the Twin Cities in February 2015. We knew we wanted proximity to the lakes as well as businesses, restaurants and schools and Armatage fit the bill. Not knowing much about the neighborhood I wanted to learn more, meet people and have a say in my local community, so I joined the board later that year. The ANA board has been a wonderful experience and one I hope to continue.
- Adriana Dobrzycka Having relocated to Minneapolis in the fall of 2014, my husband and I chose to settle down in Armatage because of its green spaces and family-friendly vibe (and the many playgrounds which my 2 daughters love!). I am originally from Florence, Italy and I currently work at a local nonprofit, Children’s HeartLink where I head programs in India and Vietnam. I would like to join the ANA to give back, to play an active role in supporting community engagement [for example, by working to expand inclusive spaces (and places) for community members to connect; efforts to welcome community newcomers etc.] and to represent neighborhood needs as we shape the future of our community!
- Jim Hoch (board member since 2017) My wife Liz and I have lived in the Armatage neighborhood since 1995. Due to twice daily walks, everyone in a 10 block radius of our house knows my dog Hazel; I’m just the guy on the other end of the leash. My work travel schedule has become more flexible and now allows me the opportunity to be more involved with the ANA. I believe in a strong, vibrant neighborhood. I believe I can bring additional ideas to the organization which will help leverage the ANA’s limited resources to achieve the greatest positive impact on our neighborhood. I am a small business owner with our office located in North Minneapolis.
- Michael Kootsikas (board member since 2016) Michael would like to continue to volunteer his time to the Armatage neighborhood after an exciting first two years as an ANA Board Member. He is in charge of the “Welcome to Armatage” program. This involves gathering gifts or advertisements from local businesses to package in a welcome bag that he hand delivers to each and every new neighbor that he greets when they purchase a home. He enjoys each and every personal connection he makes. Michael has a growing family and would hope that his influence in the community keeps making Armatage a wonderful neighborhood for years to come!
- Tyler Mulcahey Tyler and his partner, Andrew, have been Armatage residents since purchasing their first home together in the fall of 2017. Both lifelong Minnesotans, they currently live on the 5900 block of Morgan Avenue S with their two rescue Chihuahuas, Bentley & Piper. Tyler is a residential Mortgage Loan Officer with CrossCountry Mortgage, Inc. and Andrew is a Realtor with The Michael Kaslow Team of Keller Williams Integrity Lakes. In their free time, Tyler and Andrew enjoy walking their dogs around the neighborhood, barbecuing, enjoying a beverage on the patio, and slowly (but surely) making improvements to their home and yard. Tyler would like to join the ANA board to meet and develop sincere, meaningful relationships with his neighbors, as well as contribute ideas that will continue to build and strengthen our local community.
The other board members include: Tara Brown, Kelly Falsani, Joel Federer, Laurel Luxenberg, Judy Vecere, and Stephanie Vigen. Members serve two-year terms and are elected in a staggered fashion (approximately 1/2 each year, for an 11-person board).