June 19, 2018 Meeting Minutes

Meeting Minutes

Date: June 19, 2018
Called to Order: 6:35 PM
Presided by: Ryan Antkowiak, Secretary & Kelly Falsani, Vice President
Note taker: Nikki Lindberg

In attendance: Tara Brown, Laurel Luxenberg, Ryan Antkowiak, Michael Kootsikas, Stephanie Vigen, Kelly Falsani, Jim Hoch, Tyler Mulcahey, Adriana Dobrzycka

Other attendees: Nikki Lindberg, Coordinator, Nikki Friederich, Park Director, Rachel Ireland-Henry, Eli Johnson

Absent: Joel Federer (excused)

Officer Elections: The following officers were approved. President will be a one-year term completing Denis’ 2-year term. VP and Secretary will be for a 2-year term.

  • President: Joel Federer
  • Vice President: Ryan Antkowiak
  • Secretary: Tyler Mulcahey
  • Treasurer: Judy Vecere (continuing her 2-year term)

Secretary Report – April & May minutes approved

Treasurer Report – Financials emailed

Park Update, Nikki Friederich – Pools are now open. Those associated with schools open and close based on school end and start.

    • Movie Night (7/9) Mighty Ducks
      The board approved $250 to support the Movie Night program.

Committee Updates

    • Community Engagement
      • Washburn Park Update – because of steel tariffs, there are significant delays in ordering and receiving playground equipment. The current schedule does not have them breaking ground until August or September. It is anticipated to take 2 months to complete. TBD on a ribbon cutting, etc. The board reminded that we are hoping for a plaque of acknowledgement to be included somewhere in the updates for the contributions made by the ANA.
      • Happy Hour – July 10 (7-9) at Red Wagon
        A discussion about whether or not to add a gratuity to our current billing. It was decided that without an itemized bill, we will try to talk with the servers and management at Red Wagon to make sure this is still working out for them, etc. In the meantime, we will encourage folks to tip their servers on drinks.
      • Garages Sales (June 2) – the response is always mixed, with some folks unhappy about the traffic and/or weather. Currently the amount of coordinator time versus the neighborhood benefits are not in alignment. Both coordinators are proposing ways to make thes sales less burdensome on both of the coordinators. Nikki will let us know what Kenny Neighborhood thinks, and we can discuss how to move forward.
      • Welcome Bags
        $450 was approved for purchasing Armatage items to include in our welcome bags for new residents. Michael will determine what items these will be, but several ideas were given and Nikki will help source pricing.
    • Green Team
      • They are working toward a Zero Waste festival
      • Rain Garden installations will take place at the end of July. Plant distribution is Aug 2 at the Park for participating homeowners.
    • Summer Festival August 12
      • Showmobile (booked)
      • Food vendors: (Bri and Stephanie)
      • Band: Melvilles (Joel)
      • Sponsorship – forms online, outreach continues
      • TapMpls (booked)
      • Car Show – Marc is on top of it đŸ™‚ (online registration available)
      • Raffle – Judy and Jim
      • Kids games – Stephanie
      • Volunteer coordinator – Kelly?
      • Table vendors – Ryan
    • Safety
      • Rebate programs. With the addition of an effective date the board approved the programs and voted to allot $20,000 towards these safety rebate programs for area homeowners and businesses. (Details online, including PDF files, Google Form and program description.)
    • Micro-grant program – no update

2040 Comprehensive Plan

A brief description and discussion about the plan, and the opportunity to provide feedback and comments was shared. Public comments accepted until July 22.

Coordinator Update

    • NCEC District 2 elections and Armatage elector – because we have no District candidates and our elector can’t vote on our district, no one felt qualified or knowledgeable enough to be an elector for the other seats.
    • Update on the Neighborhood Forestry program that we co-sponsored with Kenny Neighborhood at Kenny Elementary. The program went well and we were given a nice recognition in their school newsletter.
    • The current business grant program that we offer is not clear on how to support certain area businesses that may be associated with a home address, but have a strong, independent presence. The board would like the program to support these small area businesses as well. We will work on some clarifying language and update our program criteria.
    • July Newsletter – Tyler will be our featured board member. Other items to include: Summer Festival and new Safety Rebate programs.

New Business

  • Ask that all board members help monitor information on NextDoor. Help share information and events. Tyler offered to help, and will be able to log-in as the ANA as needed.
  • We should do a letter to area businesses announcing this rebate program, reminding them about festival and how they can get included in our welcome bag.

Meeting Adjourned at 8:00 PM

 

Next meeting September 18 • 6:30pm