October Meeting Highlights
- The ANA is proposing an update to their bylaws. They can be reviewed here, and a vote to accept them will take place at the November meeting.
- Several ideas generated during the annual meeting are being prioritized, and next steps determined. Watch for more information on how you can get involved and make good stuff happen in your neighborhood!
- The Washburn Park upgrades are almost finished. We hope to celebrate the new park amenities come the spring.
- Interviews for the coordinator position are starting this weekend.
Important 2040 Comp Plan Dates
Oct 29 at 4:30pm, City Hall – Planning Commission (chance to voice your opinion)
Nov 14 at 4:30pm, City Hall – City Council (chance to voice your opinion)
Dec 5 at 1:30pm, City Hall – City Council Committee of the Whole (COW) (this is not a public hearing)
Dec 7 at 9:30am, City Hall – City Council (not a public hearing, but final vote)
Other Dates to Know
Nov 13 – Happy Hour at Red Wagon (7-9)
Nov 23 – Charity Drive/Tree Lighting (7)
Southwest Community Workshop – Help Plan Our Area Parks
Neighborhoods: Armatage, Fulton, Lynnhurst
Date: Monday, Oct. 29, 2018
Time: 6:30-8 pm
Location: Pershing Recreation Center
Address: 3532 W 48th St.
As plans and ideas are coming together, your chance to help shape the future of our area parks is almost over! Come by Pershing Park to share your thoughts, give input on ideas, and help contribute to the future of your southwest community!
Early Voting Centers
Minneapolis Elections & Voter Services (EVS) is excited to announce the opening of four Early Vote Centers across Minneapolis. More information can be found on the EVS website. These additional Early Vote Centers are intended to accommodate for both the historic spike in absentee voting, and to help make in-person absentee voting more accessible for all Minneapolis.
2018 Early Vote Centers
- Downtown (Open now) 217 S. 3rd St.
- North (Open 10/30) 2100 Plymouth Ave N
- East (Open 10/30) 1800 University Ave SE
- South (Open 10/30) 810 W. 31st St
Street Sweeping starting soon!
Watch the progress. Sign up for notifications. Learn the answers to all your street sweeping questions.
Fall Listening Session – Metropolitan Airports Commission
The public is invited to join the Metropolitan Airports Commission (MAC) at the MAC General Offices, on October 24, 2018 at 7:00 PM for the NOC Fall Listening Session.
The Noise Oversight Committee (NOC) sponsors quarterly meetings for citizens to allow for an engaging, two-way dialogue between the public and the MAC committee tasked with addressing MSP aviation noise topics.
We are seeking citizen input to generate ideas for topics that could be included in the 2019 NOC Work Plan. The goal of this meeting is to collaboratively develop NOC Work Plan recommendations that are important to airport neighbors.