March Meeting Highlights
- Neighborhood Community Engagement Committee
- Future of Neighborhoods • May 8 • 6:00pm (dinner) 6:30-8:30pm (program) • MLK Park — opportunity to learn more and express ideas about neighborhood organizations and how they should operate within the City in the future
- Requesting update to the 2040 City planning document to move language from a survey reponse to raw data instead of as a planning directive
- City Community Connections Conference April 1 • Information online (Free)
- Park Updates
- Summer park programming & spring sports registration now open
- Spring Egg Hunt April 8 • 10:00-11:30 am (preregistration requested)
- NEW Family Yoga Wednesday nights ($48/family) (details and registration)
- The Parks 20-year planning report is now available
- Movie in the Park Pee Wee’s Big Adventure June 19 • dusk (pre-movie activies to be planned)
- City Council Updates
- Gypsy Moth spraying will take place in late-April or May. The ANA is posting information about the process, and will notify area residents through social media (eNews, website, Facebook, Nextdoor and Twitter) as to the day of spraying once known.
- As part of the Audit committee, she wants to make sure that all of the promises around the US Bank stadium deal are being honored. She also feels that accountability can be better tracked through the Audit committee for such things as the results from the recently released COPS report regarding the handling of incidents around the Jamar Clark shooting.
- Tear-downs and home remodeling projects – in general, it seems that things have been running more smoothly in recent years, but it is truly case by case. If you have questions or concerns, check out some resources here, or contact the ANA.
- Linnea encouraged everyone to get involved, as party caucuses will be starting in April. Watch for ways to learn about candidates, and be sure to vote!
- Moving Happy Hour to Monday is seen as a good decision and will continue this way for 2017.
- We continue to get items donated for our Welcome Bags which are delivered to new residents.
- Newly formed Green Team had a great initial meeting. A few priorities for 2017:
- Recruit home owners to get involved with our Metro Blooms rain garden program (see below)
- Promote “Zero Waste” events (including the Summer Festival and National Night Out)
- Encourage safe and healthy lawn care (will have information available during the Movie in the Park)
- Variance for 5801 Russell approved.
- No confirmed transactions or planned development at 54th and Penn.
Spring Egg Hunt
Saturday, April 8
Please preregister ($5/child ages 12 and under)
Yard Waste Collection begins April 10
Learn about what is accepted and how to prepare items for collection.
Plastic Bag Ban 6/1
Learn about this new ban and how it may affect you and area businesses.
Armatage + Kenny Neighborhood-wide Garage Sales
Saturday, June 3
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Registration forms now available for our 2017 area garage sales! Deadline to be included on the printed maps is May 29. You can mail or drop forms off to Armatage Park (2500 W 57th St, 55410).