April 20 Meeting Agenda
All are welcome to join next week’s meeting. Register to attend at http://bit.ly/ANAmtgs
- Welcome and Introductions
- Update from Armatage Park Director Jordan Nelson
- 2021 Annual Meeting & Board Election
- Leadership Roles & Transition Planning
- Coordinator Update:
- Armatage Play Area Update
- Hennepin County Archives
- City Funding Update
- Committees – 3 Minute Updates:
- Safety, Equity & Outreach
- Community Engagement
- Green Team
Earth Day Clean-up at Armatage Park
Saturday, April 24
The Armatage Green Team is partnering with the Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board to host a modified Earth Day Clean-up this year! Pick up supplies for your do-it-yourself efforts at Armatage Park (or any of the participating Earth Day sites) on April 24 from 9:30 am to 12:00pm.
No registration is needed, just grab supplies (please wear a mask), practice social distancing, and head to a nearby park, trail or out into the neighborhood and pick up trash you see, while getting fresh air and exercise! Share pictures of your trash haul on our Facebook page – at @MPLSEarthDay using the hashtags #MplsDIYEarthDay and #armatage
Spring Tea & Blooms
Saturday, May 8
2:00-4:00pm | Armatage Park
Grab your mask and join us for afternoon tea at Armatage Park! Jinx Tea and Sparrow Café will take orders outside, soon-to-open neighborhood spot Café Cerés will share samples, and the ANA will give away take-home kids’ planting kits (supplies are limited). Pick up a free book from Jump! and complete a scavenger hunt and enter to win a gift card to a neighborhood business!
Thank you for following our safety guidelines by wearing a mask during the event, keeping 6 feet of distance from everyone outside of your household, and bringing your treats home or into the park to enjoy. In case of severe weather, cancellations will be posted on Facebook, Nextdoor, and Twitter.
Pause Before You Post
As we get closer to the end of the trial, you may be on high alert for suspicious behavior. Take a moment to pause before sharing information on social media. Does your post:
- Focus on behavior and how/why you think it is suspicious (which might change depending on the time of day)?
- Provide a full description of the person/s involved, including clothing, as well as details about the location, vehicle, etc. to avoid over-generalizations?
Find more information on how to report concerns, mental health supports, and more safety resources at https://armatage.org/trial/.
911, 311 & New Minneapolis Tip Line
If you need assistance, there are a few different avenues to get help:
- Call 911 for emergencies where someone’s safety is at risk that requires an immediate response from police, firefighters, or medics.
- Call 612-673-5335 or text 847411 to report suspicious activity directly to MPD that doesn’t require an emergency response (example: reporting a fast-moving car without license plates or spotting something odd in an alley)
- Call Minneapolis 311 at 311 or 612-673-3000 or email Minneapolis311@minneapolismn.gov for non-emergency concerns.
Upcoming Public Hearings
The City of Minneapolis has two upcoming public hearings related to Armatage businesses. Learn more on how to participate in each hearing and submit a comment below:
- April 20 at 1:30pm: Café Cerés’ Application for On-Sale Liquor with Sunday Sales, No Live Entertainment and Sidewalk Café License for their new location at 5401 Penn Ave S: https://www2.minneapolismn.gov/business-services/licenses-permits/business-licenses/cafe-ceres-public-hearing/#d.en.169513
- April 22 at 4:30pm: Wagner Greenhouses’ Application for a retaining wall variance to support the western edge of their property along Russell Ave (plantings will be replaced). Contact Andrew Liska, Senior City Planner at (612) 673-2264 or Andrew.Liska@minneapolismn.gov with questions or comments. More at https://www.minneapolismn.gov/government/meetings/
Get Ready for Street Sweeping
Street sweeping starts next Tuesday, April 20. See the schedule and get ready to avoid a ticket and tow at https://www.minneapolismn.gov/getting-around/parking-driving/street-sweep/
Minnesota Vaccine Connector
ICYMI, all Minnesotans 16 years of age and older are now eligible to get a COVID-19 vaccine. You can do your part now by continuing to help slow the spread of COVID-19: Wear a mask, wash your hands often, stay 6 feet away from anyone you don’t live with, and stay home if you are sick. Doing all of these things will help keep people healthy until all Minnesotans have the opportunity to get vaccinated.
Sign up for the Minnesota COVID-19 vaccine connector in English, Spanish, Somali or Hmong to get updates on vaccine opportunities in our area.
Armatage Welcome Bags
Have you or someone on your block recently moved to Armatage? If so, we want to bring you an Armatage Welcome Bag! The groovy, reusable tote bag’s contents include useful information on the ANA, elected representatives, governmental services, local businesses, and a couple of fun items to welcome you.
- Homeowners: be on the lookout for friendly ANA volunteers Ethan (pictured) or Kevin with a Welcome Bag with your name on it! They’ll swing by to do a masked, distanced drop-off.
- Renters: if you are a renter who moved in during the past year or if you own a rental property in the neighborhood and have new tenants, please reach out to us at email@example.com and let us know where we can drop off a Welcome Bag!
Get Involved on an Armatage Committee
Neighbors are encouraged to join an Armatage Committee and get involved. Currently, most meetings are held on Zoom. Click on each group’s link below to learn more. Register to attend a meeting at https://bit.ly/ANAmtgs
Safety, Equity & Outreach will next meet on Saturday, May 1 from 10:00-11:00am at Armatage Park. Kids welcome and plan to wear a mask. Please note the date change due to Spring Break, Passover and Easter.
Community Engagement next meets Thursday, May 6 from 5:30-6:30pm on Zoom.
The Green Team will next meet on Thursday, May 13 from 7:00-8:15pm.