May Annual Meeting & Board Elections
Thank you to everyone who made it to last week’s Armatage Annual Meeting & Board Elections! Congratulations to our new board members Sara Fulton-Koerbling, Patty Grabski, Donté Mearon and Adam Miller!
Kenny/Armatage Neighborhood Garage Sales Start Tomorrow!
Friday, May 31 &
Saturday, June 1
8:00am – 4:00pm
Over 65 sales are happening in the Kenny and Armatage neighborhoods so you’re sure to find something new that sparks joy and save a ton over buying new!
Visit https://armatage.org/events/garage-sales/ for an interactive map and full listings of this year’s sales. Paper copies will be available at the Armatage Rec Center (today through Saturday) or the Kenny Rec Center (today and tomorrow).
First-ever Armatage Green Garden Tour this Saturday
Saturday June, 1 • 10:00am – 12:00pm
While you’re checking out the neighborhood garage sales this Saturday, stop by the Green Team’s first-ever Armatage Green Garden Tour to visit rain gardens, native plantings, backyard composting stations and more! Garden owners will be in attendance to answer questions and help you get inspired.
The fun happens this Saturday, June 1 from 10:00am – 12:00pm. Visit https://armatage.org/about-armatage-neighborhood/green-team/ for an interactive map of this year’s tour or pick up a paper copy at the Armatage Rec Center.
Southwest Parks Plan Update
A preferred concept plan for each Southwest park property will be published online by the end of May, along with another online survey for public feedback. The Community Advisory Committee (CAC) will meet several times to discuss the preferred concepts, provide direction to project staff, and ultimately make recommendations to the Board of Commissioners. Check the project website at minneapolisparks.org/sw to view the concept plans (which should be available by the weekend)
All CAC meetings are open to the public and anyone interested in the refinement of these park concepts is encouraged to attend! Snacks, refreshments and passive children’s activities are provided. Please contact Cindy Anderson at 612-230-6472 or email@example.com to request language, access or interpretation accommodations.
Thursday, June 6, 201, 6-8 pm
Painter Recreation Center, 620 W 34th St.
CAC Meeting #9
Monday, June 10, 2019, 6-8 pm
Bryant Square Recreation Center, 3101 Bryant Ave. S
CAC Meeting #10
Tuesday, June 25, 2019, 6-8 pm
Fuller Recreation Center, 4802 Grand Ave. S
Minnehaha Creek Master Plan
If you’re interested in the Southwest Parks Plan, you may also be interested in the Minnehaha Parkway Regional Trail Master Plan (called Minnehaha Creek Master Plan for short). The Minnehaha Creek Master Plan is following a similar schedule to the SW Parks Plan. The CAC recently discussed big questions uncovered during the development of initial Minnehaha Creek park concepts and preferred concepts will be published by June. Follow the link below for more information on that project.
Spring Crime Prevention Tips
Spring is finally here! With the warmer weather, we all enjoy having our windows open and are busy outdoors. Minneapolis Police would like to share some crime prevention tips to help you stay safe now and for the rest of the season:
- Keep your doors locked, even when you are home or working in the yard! Criminals look for opportunities such as open garage doors and unlocked front doors to quickly steal your belongings even when family is outside in the backyard.
- Remember to put all ladders, tools, bikes, golf clubs, and yard equipment away when not in use. Lock these items up, even in your locked garage!
- More about bike security… always store bicycles out of sight, in a secure location, and record the serial number. Also, take a picture of it so it can be recovered if ever stolen.
- If you go on vacation, put a few lights on timers so they will turn off and on to give the appearance that someone is always home.
- Be sure to roll up your car windows, remove all valuables or store in trunk, and lock every time you exit your car, even when in your own driveway!
- Install motion lights in the front and backyard, so if someone were to approach your home, the lights will automatically come on to illuminate the area. Criminals do not like to be seen!
Princess Bride at Armatage Park
Wednesday, June 19 • 9:00pm
Join the Armatage Neighborhood Association and Armatage Park on Wednesday, June 19 for this summer’s movie in the park: The Princess Bride! The movie will start at dusk (around 9:15pm). More details to come!